If one needs any confirmation that the market for men's pantyhose and tights, aka mantyhose, is growing, the fact that companies are getting into this business rather than leaving provides ample evidence. For-profit companies don't lightly enter new markets, and only if they sense a potential for growth. In announcing plans for U.S. distribution beginning in Fall 2010, Bulgaria's TIM Legwear is the latest example of a women's pantyhose maker offering a new line of male hosiery.
Speaking from Borovo, Bulgaria,TIM's marketing director, Martin Panoyotov reports that they began working on the male hosiery line in mid-2009 following numerous inquiries during the preceding year and a half. Two styles, in 70 and 90 denier (a measure of hosiery sheerness), were first introduced as a market test . These were highly successful and led to the decision to introduce a full line of male tights and pantyhose. The TIM Male Legwear line includes the following styles:
- Dynamic - 20 den Semi-sheer hosiery with comfort band, reinforced toe and brief, and no-fly front panel
- Force - 40 den Semi-sheer hosiery and same features as Dynamic
- Lord - 50 den Opaque tights with comfort band, sheer toe, reinforced brief, and no-fly front panel
- Denim - 70 den Opaque tights and same features as Lord (available in footless or footed style)
- Action - 90 den Opaque tights and same features as Lord
For more information on these benefits, refer to the list of related articles. For a review of TIM Male Legwear, refer to the related Examiner.com article: "Bulgaria's TIM Male Legwear Provides a Comfortable Line of Mantyhose Products".